Contribute to one of the fastest growing companies in America, according to Inc. Magazine's annual Inc. 500|5000! Anthem Marketing Solutions has an exciting opportunity for an Office Assistant. We are experts in data-driven marketing, strategy, and cutting-edge solutions seeking an energetic and dynamic candidate who will bring enthusiasm to our Office Assistant role.
Located near the train stations and 'El' in Chicago's fashionable West Loop, we offer a dynamic, intellectually-challenging environment, where you will have the chance to share your talents and make a meaningful contribution. In this role, we offer a wide variety of valuable experience and transferable corporate skills.
Position Title: Office Assistant
Position Overview: This role is responsible for our front desk reception, the face of Anthem! S/he will independently handle the office environment, whether that is welcoming the team and visitors daily, in person or on the phone and manage the office daily, weekly monthly and annual "To Do" list. Handles all supply inventories and is involved in event planning and marketing activities, since we are a Marketing Data company!
Reports to: Office Manager
With energy and enthusiasm, s/he will balance the front desk duties with the office management expectations of greeting employees and visitors, handling mail, contact e-mail and the phones. S/he will assist all departments for client and prospect materials, communication and research. Additionally organizes office information and inventory, file management, and provides administrative support for the office.
Office Maintenance and Administrative duties include:
- Be the smiling face of Anthem and welcome employees and visitors at reception!
- Maintenance of the office - keep it looking good!
- Keep the supply and break rooms stocked and clean. Contact with building management on issues, improvements
- Stocking/Ordering office supplies, business cards and groceries for the team!
- Office Meeting management: setting up GoToMeeting, scheduling, ordering refreshments, etc.
- General documentation technical support (print, scan, copy requests). Presentation and document design, formatting, etc.
- Mailings: Holiday Cards, business development packages and client gifts, as needed
- Booking travel arrangements and expenses
- Renewing or cancelling Association memberships
- Miscellaneous tasks and errands such as: computer inventory, buying event supplies, office furniture, conditioning and cleaning whiteboards
Marketing & Business Development support includes:
- Social media and PR outreach, content development support, mailings.
- Marketing Research: Client, Product, Internal as needed, monthly insights from media on current clients and prospects (support other misc. projects as directed)
- Monthly communications including internal newsletters, events, news, etc.
HR Support includes:
- Job postings, interview scheduling, resume file organization, onboarding activities for new employees.
- High participation in planning and executing internal events, including fundraisers/drives, team lunches, company meetings, etc.
- BA/BS in Business Admin, Marketing or related field.
- Energetic, positive, customer service oriented, innovative problem solver
- Experience in an Assistant role, or an office services role preferably at a professional services company
- Strong organizational skills; everything in its proper place
- Design skills with creative aptitude and desire a plus
- Ability to tenaciously pursue alternatives when faced with questions without answers and problems without solutions.
- Can surprise and delight your colleagues with great service without over doing it (a difficult balance!)
- Learns and adapts very quickly to an ever changing environment.
- Approaches tasks with a hands-on attitude. The moniker "DIY" is a badge of honor.
- Is resilient and relentlessly positive in the face of unexpected challenges and last minute changes.
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment and considered a great teammate by those around him/her.
- Required computer / software skills: MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with design software a plus!