Contribute to one of the fastest growing companies in America, according to Inc. Magazine's annual Inc. 500|5000! Anthem Marketing Solutions has an exciting opportunity for a Database Developer. We are experts in data-driven marketing, strategy, and cutting-edge solutions seeking a solution-driven, creative database developer to partner with our clients and turn their data into actionable insights!
Located near the train stations and 'El' in Chicago's fashionable West Loop, we offer a dynamic, intellectually-challenging environment, where you will have the chance to share your talents and make a meaningful contribution. In this role, we offer a wide variety of valuable experience and opportunities for continuous learning.
The database developer engages with current and new clients to understand business requirements for the development of data and business process solutions. Focused mostly on marketing data for our clients and working on a team, they design, implement and support multiple solutions with an eye towards performance, scalability, ease of maintenance and quality.
- Manage, create, and augment all data processing initiatives with the goal of optimization and efficiency. Conceptualize, create, and deploy client solutions at a high level, creating a plan of work and implementing it with a view for future automation.
- Learn and contribute to business-case logic in support of analytic efforts in a pro-active and collaborative way.
- Create systems and develop process automation in a Windows environment in support of clients and Anthem Marketing Solution tools.
- Execution of the receipt, loading, and organization of all client-specific data in support of analytic, reporting, and data-processing initiatives. Create and implement data format and structure for maximum usability. Solve problems using both set-based and linear programming where necessary.
- Assist in reviewing current processes and recommend standardization/optimization with the team.
- Develop and modify client web sites and services in support of their initiatives and new work assignments.
- 4 years professional experience as a Database Developer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience in recommending and successfully implementing new ideas, thinking and methods
- Expert knowledge of SQL (MySQL),experience with SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft SQL Server
- Additional experience in Python, C#, ASP.NET is preferred
- Interpersonal and persuasive skills used effectively with business owners and users to understand needs, and design and implement solutions.
- Project Management experience with emphasis on solution focus , manage multiple projects simultaneously, SDLC knowledge is a plus
- Ability to problem solve with forward thinking ideas ( assessment given in interview process)
- Must be detail oriented, experience in creating work plans
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written