Marketing Data Analyst
Contribute to one of the fastest growing urban companies in America, according to ICIC and Fortune Magazine. Anthem Marketing Solutions provides expertise to clients in data driven marketing strategy and analysis.
Located near the train stations and 'El' in Chicago's fashionable West Loop, we offer a dynamic, intellectually-challenging environment, where you will have the chance to share your talents and make a meaningful contribution. In this role, we offer a wide variety of valuable experience and continuous learning in the field of Marketing Analytics.
Marketing Data Analyst
Position Overview: This role analyzes customer data to measure marketing campaigns, test & learn what is successful, generates new insights related to customers’ behaviors and recommends marketing strategies to improve our clients’ business results.
Reports to: Manager, Marketing Analytics
- Communicate clearly with the Manager, Client Directors, Project Managers and other analysts/developers to thoroughly understand client’s needs, analyze data appropriately and deliver the work products to client’s satisfaction.
- Identify and use appropriate data sources and manipulate data to carry out in-depth quantitative analyses of customer, market and transaction level data sets.
- Create marketing metrics reports and management dashboards for multiple client accounts using data visualization. (Learn to design and automate the reports as data visualization skills develop.)
- Evaluate impact of marketing programs through use of test design and analysis of programs and target audiences.
- Determine meaningful insights from data and provide recommendation to improve clients’ marketing strategy.
- Design appropriate methodologies (encompassing type of data, time frame, calculations or statistical techniques, appropriate comparisons) to answer client business questions. Evaluate the quality and accuracy of existing analyses when providing current analysis.
- Use statistical techniques (e.g. regression models, time series models, factor analysis and clustering), as needed.
- Package analytical deliverables, whether in Excel, PowerPoint or Tableau, for maximum impact. Present findings verbally with clarity to internal audiences.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Marketing, Statistics, Engineering or quantitative related field. Master’s degree preferred
- 1-5 Years Marketing or Business Analysis experience using SQL and/or SAS. Proficient in Excel (VBA a plus)
- Experience in Tableau is desirable
- Knowledgeable in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to interpret large and complex marketing datasets for general analyses for different audience types
- Experience with planning and executing data for online and offline marketing campaigns, including list acquisition, test design, audience selections, and model score applications is preferred.
- Prefer familiarity with regression/predictive modeling and other advanced quantitative techniques(clustering, time series)
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Collaborative problem-solving mindset. Intellectually curious, resourceful, with business savvy